The Society of Abidance in Truth
1834 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Email: SAT@cruzio.com and RAMANA@cruzio.com
SAT is dedicated to the teachings of Advaita Vedanta as revealed by
Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi. Satsang with Master Nome, a Self Realized
disciple of Sri Ramana, is held almost every Sunday at 10 am, with
doors opening at 9:30. Guests are welcome, and should call ahead to
verify the date of visit.
The SAT temple and ashram is very close to the junction of Route 17 and
Route 1. They are redwood buildings, on the right leaving Santa Cruz
going towards Felton (opposite a cemetary); just past Jewell St, before
the road starts up Graham hill.
- BY CAR, FROM SAN JOSE AND POINTS EAST, VIA ROUTE 17:
- Get off 17 at the Ocean Street exit. Instead of continuing straight
(west) on Ocean Street, make a sharp right at the first stop light and
follow the sign to Felton. (A Denny's restaurant is at this turn.)
Continue under an overpass, for about 1/4 mile. Parking is available.
- BY CAR, FROM THE SOUTH ON ROUTE 1 (FROM MONTEREY):
- Continue on Rt 1 until it takes a hairpin turn entering Santa Cruz.
Follow the sign "To Ocean Street and beaches", but instead of
continuing on Ocean St west take a sharp right turn at the first stop
light, following a sign to Felton. (A Denny's restaurant is at this
turn.) Continue under an overpass, for about 1/4 mile.
- BY CAR, FROM THE NORTH ON ROUTE 1 (FROM SAN FRANCISCO):
- Continue on Route 1 (Mission St) through Santa Cruz. At the bottom of a
hill, starting out of town, go right at the first exit after River St--
to Ocean Street. Go left at the end of the exit: to "Felton." Continue
under an overpass, for about 1/4 mile.
- ARRIVAL BY BUS or AIR:
- The Santa Cruz bus station is about 1 1/2 miles
from SAT. Guests may call SAT for transportation. The most convenient
large airport is San Jose International. If information is provided,
SAT will endeavor to meet arriving guests at airport or station.
INDOlink Bay Area Listings Bay Area Temples
INDOlink, GENIUS, and their respective logos are trademarks of GENIUS Technologies, Inc.